BYLAWS OF THE DIAMOND SHAMROCK COMMUNITY RELATIONS TEAM
ARTICLE I NAME
The name of this organization shall be the Diamond Shamrock Community Relations Team.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
The purpose of this organization shall be to serve as a responsive community team dedicated to communicating information and addressing public concerns regarding the investigation, remediation and reuse of the Diamond Shamrock Painesville Works Site.
ARTICLE III MEMBERS
- Membership of this DSCRT shall be as follows:
- Two representatives of the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- Two representatives of the Lake County General Health District
- One representative of the Lake County Commissioners
- Two local government representatives from the communities of Painesville City, Painesville Township and Fairport Harbor
- Two representatives from the Potentially Responsible Parties (PRP) Group
- One representative from Hemisphere Development
- Two citizen members from the communities of Painesville City, Painesville Township and Fairport Harbor appointed by the members outlined in Section #1 (A thru E above)
- Members may be represented by their authorized alternates and retain voting privilege at any DSCRT meeting.
ARTICLE IV OFFICERS
- The officers of the DSCRT shall be a Chairperson, a Vice-Chair and a Secretary. The Secretary position will be permanently filled by one of the two Ohio EPA representatives.
- Officers shall be elected by ballot to serve for one year or until their successors are elected, and their term of office shall begin at the close of the meeting at which they are elected.
- With the exception of the Secretary position, officers shall be elected from members of Article III, (Section #1F above)
ARTICLE V MEETINGS
- Meetings of the DSCRT shall be held at least once per calendar quarter at a time and place designated by the Chairman. Except in cases of emergency, at least five days notice shall be given.
- An annual organizational meeting shall be held in April of each year and shall be known as the annual meeting and shall be for the purpose of electing officers, receiving reports of officers and committees and for any other business that may arise.
- All meetings of the DSCRT shall be open to the public.
- Each meeting of the DSCRT shall contain at least the following agenda items:
- Minutes of the Previous Meeting
- Ohio EPA Report
- PRP Group Report
- Hemisphere Development Report
- Communications Committee Report
- Raised Community Concerns
- Comments from the Public
- New Business
- Old Business
ARTICLE VI EXECUTIVE BOARD
- The Officers of the DSCRT along with a representative of the PRP Group and representative of the Communications Committee shall constitute the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board shall have general supervision of the affairs of the DSCRT between its business meetings, make recommendation to the DSCRT, and shall perform such other duties as are specified in these bylaws.
ARTICLE VII COMMITTEES
- A Chairperson for the following Standing Committee shall be appointed by the Chairperson of the DSCRT:
- Communications Committee
- Such other Committees, standing or special, shall be appointed by the Chairperson of the DSCRT as is deemed necessary to carry on the work of the DSCRT. The Chairperson of the DSCRT shall be an ex officio member of all Committees except any Nominating Committee.
ARTICLE VIII MEETING MINUTES
Meeting minutes are considered approved ten (10) days from publication (via e-mail and/or U.S. Mail) to DSCRT members. If comments/changes are made to the minutes, they will be resubmitted to the members for approval.
ARTICLE IX PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order shall govern the DSCRT in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these bylaws and any special rules of order the DSCRT may adopt.
ARTICLE X AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
These bylaws may be amended at any meeting of the DSCRT by a two-thirds vote, provided that the amendment has been submitted in writing at the previous regular meeting.
Adoption Date: June 20, 1996
Revision Date: April 16, 2003